From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: system time 6-hr. ahead
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 19:30:43
1 On 11/05/13 17:23, Joseph wrote:
2 > On 05/11/13 09:56, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> On 11/05/13 08:25, Joseph wrote:
4 >>> My computer time reported by asterisk server or php database is 6hr
5 >>> ahead.
6 >>> Why?
7 >>>
8 >>> My desktop clock is correct, and command line "date" reporting local
9 >>> time as well.
10 >>> My /etc/conf.d/hwclock
11 >>> clock="local"
12 >>> clock_hctosys="YES"
13 >>> clock_systohc="YES"
14 >>>
15 >>> Should I set clock="UTC"? I'm running Windows via VirtualBox and I know
16 >>> windows is using "local" time.
17 >>
18 >> Try setting Windows to use UTC time instead:
19 >>
20 >> http://crashmag.net/configuring-windows-7-support-for-utc-bios-time
21 >>
22 >> It's what I use here for years and never had a problem with it.
23 >
24 > I set: clock="UTC"
25 > Everything would work OK if I was able to set via user home directory
26 > ".bash_profile"
27 > TZ="Canada/Mountain"
28 >
29 > but this is not helping, my desktop time is still behind 6hr. (server
30 > programs are showing correct time though).
31 > Do I need to run an additional command after updating user
32 > ".bash_profile"?
33 > I just log OUT/IN but it is not reflecting my time zone.
34
35 The link I posted was about setting Windows to UTC time, not Linux.