From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: system time 6-hr. ahead
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 14:23:31
1 On 05/11/13 09:56, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 >On 11/05/13 08:25, Joseph wrote:
3 >> My computer time reported by asterisk server or php database is 6hr ahead.
4 >> Why?
5 >>
6 >> My desktop clock is correct, and command line "date" reporting local
7 >> time as well.
8 >> My /etc/conf.d/hwclock
9 >> clock="local"
10 >> clock_hctosys="YES"
11 >> clock_systohc="YES"
12 >>
13 >> Should I set clock="UTC"? I'm running Windows via VirtualBox and I know
14 >> windows is using "local" time.
15 >
16 >Try setting Windows to use UTC time instead:
17 >
18 >http://crashmag.net/configuring-windows-7-support-for-utc-bios-time
19 >
20 >It's what I use here for years and never had a problem with it.
21
22 I set: clock="UTC"
23 Everything would work OK if I was able to set via user home directory ".bash_profile"
24 TZ="Canada/Mountain"
25
26 but this is not helping, my desktop time is still behind 6hr. (server programs are showing correct time though).
27 Do I need to run an additional command after updating user ".bash_profile"?
28 I just log OUT/IN but it is not reflecting my time zone.
31 Joseph