From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 23:27:01
1 On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 11:56 AM Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Pine64 has an interesting array of SBCs which are both cheaper and (some are) possibly better suited to becoming a NAS than a Pi. One of them even has a PCIe socket I think.
6 I have the RockPro64 and I'll go ahead and warn you that you'll need
7 to patch the kernel if you want to use many PCIe cards. I just tested
8 out a debian image on it and the several year old patch still hasn't
9 made its way into there.
10
11 The SATA expansion card Pine64 was selling at the time did work out of the box.
12
13 https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel/issues/116
16 Rich
22 Rich