From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HAL permissions? (k3b sees no device at all)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 03:22:23
1 Andr??s Becerra Sandoval <andres.becerra@×××××.com> [10-09-15 18:25]:
2 > On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > while installing my 64bit Gentoo on base on the configuration
7 > > of 32bit system I came across the problem, that k3b did not
8 > > see any devices.
9 > >
10 > > HAD was running, butL: When "hal-devices" was executed as user "no
11 > > devices found" (none! not single!) was reported, while executing the
12 > > same command as root works fine. With strace I found that this was
13 > > due to permissions problems dbus has.
14 > >
15 > > I "fixed" this by removing a section (found by diffing a
16 > > configuration of and old but working version of dbus) from
17 > > /etc/dbus-1/system.conf, without really knowing the impact.
18 > >
19 > > Now "hal-devices" also reports to a normal user.
20 > >
21 > > I added both system.conf files for your information to this email.
22 > >
23 > > "org.system.conf" is the file, which was originally installed and
24 > > which does not work. "system.conf" is the hacked one, which work,
25 > > but which may do other things (currently unkonw to me) things wrong.
26 > >
27 > > What is the correct way to fix permission problems
28 > > (or access rights) in conjunction with dbus the correct way?
29 > >
30 > > Thank you for your help in advance!
31 > >
32 > > Best regards,
33 > > mcc
38 > Hello,
39 >
40 > I had the same problem before migrating my kernel to use ATA instead of
41 > deprecated IDE support for disks and cd/dvd drives. After migration,
42 > everything is working just fine.
43 >
44 > --
45 > Andrés Becerra Sandoval
46
47 Hi,
48
49 Thanks fpr your reply ! :)
50
51 I am using a IDE to USB bridge which connect my (older) IDE-based
52 burner to my USB port...
53
54 Its seems, no ATA/IDE driver is involved ?!
55
56 Best regards,
57 mcc