From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} dvdrip permissions error, alternative?
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:13:50
1 > > That does seem to work with the stubborn "The Life of Mammals". I
2 > > wish I didn't have to mount the DVD before running vobcopy though.
3 >
4 > vobcopy reads the VOB files directly, rather than reading /dev/dvd as a
5 > video source.
6 >
7 > > I
8 > > suppose a mkisofs command after vobcopy would make for a pretty good
9 > > process.
10 >
11 > It works for me. I've used it to copy encrypted DVDs that are <4.3GB.
12
13 Yeah vobcopy is definitely doing some serious decrypting. After it
14 mirrors "The Life of Mammals" mplayer and totem can play it, and with
15 dd (or straight from the disc) only VLC could play it. I think I'll
16 use this command to mount, rip, image, and delete:
17
18 mount /dev/cdrom && vobcopy -m -o MOVIE_NAME && mkisofs -l -o
19 MOVIE_NAME.iso MOVIE_NAME && rm -rf MOVIE_NAME
20
21 How can I set that up in a script and execute just the script?
22
23 This is also better for performance because the system won't have to
24 decrypt while it's playing right?
25
26 - Grant
27 --