From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Going to Ubuntu - was 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:02:44
1 Joseph wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 19:05 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
3 >
4 >>Bob Sanders wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:50:49 -0600
7 >>>Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com> wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>>I wasn't clear, the computer runs usually for 20 to 30minus and kernel
13 >>>>panic comes up on the screen. I'm still googling for some solutions and
14 >>>>I can only find some suggestion; no clear answer.
15 >>>>i
16 >>>
17 >>>
18 >>>I think you have hardware problems - maybe a heat issue. have you tried running
19 >>>with the covers off and a fan blowing onto the system?
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >>
23 >>Good thinking Bob! That 20 to 30 minutes certainly seems symptomatic of overheating.
24 >>
25 >>I've been confused throughout this whole thread thinking that the kernel panic and kde compile were somehow related. I know, sounds crazy, but that's how I interpreted Joseph's explanation of the situation.
26 >>
27 >>Zac
30 > The latest news.
31 > After taking the cover off; the temp. of the CPU went down by 3C to 37C
32 > and Motherboard down by 3C as well to 26C. but that still didn't prevent
33 > the the kernel panic message:
34 > Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler.
35 >
36 > So my next solution is to get another Drive but an IDE type and put the
37 > SATA one on the shelf, and reinstall Gentoo.
40 Ideally, it would be nice if you could test this idea before taking such a large step. Maybe you can boot from a livecd, reproduce the error, and then try to reproduce the error again without your sata driver loaded.
41
42 Zac
43 --
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list