From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Going to Ubuntu - was 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 02:38:22
1 On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 19:05 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Bob Sanders wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:50:49 -0600
4 > > Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com> wrote:
8 > >>I wasn't clear, the computer runs usually for 20 to 30minus and kernel
9 > >>panic comes up on the screen. I'm still googling for some solutions and
10 > >>I can only find some suggestion; no clear answer.
11 > >>i
14 > > I think you have hardware problems - maybe a heat issue. have you tried running
15 > > with the covers off and a fan blowing onto the system?
19 > Good thinking Bob! That 20 to 30 minutes certainly seems symptomatic of overheating.
20 >
21 > I've been confused throughout this whole thread thinking that the kernel panic and kde compile were somehow related. I know, sounds crazy, but that's how I interpreted Joseph's explanation of the situation.
22 >
23 > Zac
24
25 The latest news.
26 After taking the cover off; the temp. of the CPU went down by 3C to 37C
27 and Motherboard down by 3C as well to 26C. but that still didn't prevent
28 the the kernel panic message:
29 Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler.
30
31 So my next solution is to get another Drive but an IDE type and put the
32 SATA one on the shelf, and reinstall Gentoo.
35 #Joseph
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list