From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Any interest in a postfix/milter bridge?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:35:38
1 Nick Rout wrote:
2 > every mail filter I need fits nicely into postfix. Which one are you
3 > having problems with?
4 >
5 > and I don't think this is the place to discuss enhancements to postfix,
6 > go join postfix-user and discuss it with the developers.
7
8 I could swear I've said this before, but there are a number of us that
9 use postfix and find this on more on topic than what my favorite window
10 environment might be or how to make an ebuild for a desktop game. So
11 again I'll quietly ignore the things I don't care about and you will do
12 the same.
13
14 However adding milter support to Postfix may not be the magic bullet.
15 Milters take this path through Sendmail
16 mail queue -> milter -> delivery | /dev/null | whatever
17
18 Postfix content filters take this path.
19 mail queue -> cfilter -> mail queue -> etc
20
21 Allowing people to run what are normally very efficient milters within
22 Postfix may allow a few admins to shoot themselves in the foot
23 performance-wise.
24
25 In any case you might want to check out this how-to which use Anomy
26 Sanitizer to do basically the same thing.
27 http://www.advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html
28
29 kashani
30 --