From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is this a bug in firefox-36.0?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 01:07:17
1 On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:41:25 PM walt wrote:
2 > On 03/17/2015 04:49 PM, walt wrote:
3 > > I get a certificate verification error when visiting https://www.att.com
4 > > using firefox-36.0, but not when using chrome-41.0.2272.76.
5 >
6 > Thanks to all who replied. I'm surprised by the variety of different results
7 > you reported.
8 >
9 > (BTW, I'm running firefox-bin-36.0, so the behavior may be a bit different
10 from
11 > the gentoo build.)
12 >
13 > FF will not even show me the secure att.com webpage. I get an entire html
14 page
15 > with this (very big) error message:
16 >
17 > Secure Connection Failed
18 >
19 > An error occurred during a connection to www.att.com. The OCSP server
20 experienced
21 > an internal error. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_server_error)
22 >
23 > The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of
24 the
25 > received data could not be verified.
26 >
27 > Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
31 That sounds more like a networking issue. Are you behind a firewall? Is it
32 possible that you somehow blocked their OCSP server? Can you bypass the
33 firewall for testing?
34
35 It also looks like firefox caches the error:
36 http://superuser.com/questions/755755/sec-error-ocsp-server-error-when-trying-to-open-a-https-page but you're having this issue for a while and more than
37 one device now so it's not likely that it was a temporary problem.
40 Fernando Rodriguez