From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Gentoo live iso from grub
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 17:54:15
1 On 02/18/18 08:50, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 09:55:01 -0600, R0b0t1 wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> There's also a way to boot systemrescuecd from a bootloader that
5 >>>> doesn't support ISO loading, like the systemd UEFI boot manager (aka
6 >>>> gummiboot).
7 >>>
8 >>> I just plug in the SysRescCD USB-3 stick.
9 >>>
10 >>> Much less complication ;)
11 >>>
12 >>> --
13 >>> Regards,
14 >>> Peter.
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >>
18 >> Please be careful, sir! The SysRescCD releases are not signed. The
19 >> Russians might be able to get you!
20 >
21 > That's not really an issue as neither Peter nor I is able to vote in US
22 > elections ;-)
26 I nearly spit out my tea this morning after reading this, thanks for the
27 morning humour!
28
29 I'd also tried getting the Gentoo LiveCD to boot via grub (although this
30 was almost two years ago) and never got it to boot. I don't remember if
31 I tried to get SysRescueCD to work either... on my newer EFI machines
32 I've been ditching Grub2 for refind.
33
34 Dan