From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Gentoo live iso from grub
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 18:09:48
1 On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 09:54:07 -0800, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > I'd also tried getting the Gentoo LiveCD to boot via grub (although this
4 > was almost two years ago) and never got it to boot. I don't remember if
5 > I tried to get SysRescueCD to work either... on my newer EFI machines
6 > I've been ditching Grub2 for refind.
7
8 I used the systemd bootloader but I did try with refind, and it turns out
9 I still have it installed. Here is the sysrescd.conf that I include from
10 refind.conf
11
12 menuentry "System Rescue Cd" {
13 icon EFI/refind/icons/os_sysrescd.png
14 loader /sysrescd/rescue64
15 initrd /sysrescd/initram.igz
16 options "subdir=sysrescd setkmap=uk rootpass=XXX"
17 }
18
19 I mount the sysrescd ISO and copy these files to /boot/sysrescd
20
21 initram.igz
22 rescue64
23 sysrcd.dat
24 sysrcd.md5
25 version
26
27 The entry for systemd-boot is
28
29 title System Rescue Cd 5.2.0
30 version 5.2.0
31 linux /sysrescd/rescue64
32 options subdir=sysrescd setkmap=uk rootpass=XXX
33 initrd /sysrescd/initram.igz
37 Neil Bothwick
38
39 It's not a bug, it's tradition!