From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev - more/last questions
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 20:59:53
1 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > <<< SNIP >>>
5 > 2. Would anyone who is using eudev please post udev/eudev related
6 > contents of both package.mask and package.keywords?
7 >
8 > The reason I ask for #2 is, I've been playing with pretending emerging
9 > after modifying package.keywords and .mask, and am confused (see the
10 > following errors):
11 >
12 > With *only* "sys-fs/eudev ~amd64" in package.keywords and *nothing* in
13 > package.mask, I get the following (as expected because I must first
14 > unmerge "sys-fs/udev" before emerging eudev):
15 > <<< SNIP >>>
16 > So, the questions are:
17 >
18 > Do I actually and really need *anything* udev/eudev related in
19 > package.mask, and what, in addition to sys-fs/eudev ~amd64, do I need
20 > in package.keywords?
21 >
22 > Thanks again to all...
23 >
24 > Incidentally, I'm writing this experience up and will post to the list
25 > (with permission to anyone to add to the wiki or anywhere else) once
26 > I'm done...
31 I have this in package.keywords
32
33 sys-fs/eudev
34
35 I did mask the -9999 version tho since I didn't want to get that brave
36 in the future. I'm not sure if you have to keyword or unmask anything
37 now that it is not beta and been tested more.
38
39 Dale
40
44 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!