From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: I'm in a Pickle
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 01:11:57
1 Colleen Beamer wrote:
4 > Thanks for this!
5 >
6 > Regards,
7 >
8 > Colleen
12 This may help too. This is from a post Neil made a long time ago:
13
14 [QUOTE]
15
16 Hold down Atl, hold down SysRq, press each of the keys in turn. The usual
17 full sequence is R-E-I-S-U-B
18
19 Reboot
20 Even
21 If
22 System
23 Utterly
24 Broken
25
26 [END QUOTE]
27
28 Don't forget to build support in the kernel too. I think this is the only one needed:
29
30 root@fireball / # zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i sysrq
31 CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y
32 root@fireball / #
33
34 Usually I only get to about the E or I then I get a console. Getting the processes sorted out is the hard part tho. At least you can do a clean shutdown and reboot tho.
35
36 Hope that helps.
37
38 Dale
39
44 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
45
46 Miss the compile output? Hint:
47 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"