From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem on installing Gnome (gnome-light)
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 16:27:07
1 On Saturday 09 September 2006 10:05, Stephen Liu wrote:
2 > I followed "The GNOME Configuration HOWTO"
3 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gnome-config.xml
4 [SNIP]
5 > Please advise;
6 > 1)
7 > Do I need to reinstall Gnome?
8 > (remark: installed "gnome-light")
9 >
10 > If YES how to remove Gnome, the unfinished package?
11
12 Did you set the following USE flags
13
14 USE="gtk gtk2 gnome hal avahi"
15
16 in /etc/make.conf
17
18 If in doubt post the output of
19
20 # emerge --info | grep ^USE
21
22 If they are set try running
23
24 # emerge --newuse --update --deep --verbose --ask world
25
26 This will recompile anything that has changed USE flags since they were
27 installed.
28
29 [SNIP]
30
31 > Furthermore I forgot mentioning on running;
32 > # rc-update del famd default
33 > (Code Listing 2.6: Switching to gamin)
34 > fam can't be found.
35
36 If you didn't have app-admin/fam installed before following this guide then
37 this is to be expected. The purpose of these two steps is to get rid of it if
38 you had it.
41 Bo Andresen