From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Purged gnome, lost X. :-(
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:29:37
1 On 12/01/2014 12:11, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 >> That should get you a consistent system. Now run xfce.
3 >> > With luck, it will work as it should.
4 >> > If not, we can then start the real debugging
5 > No such luck, as yet. I still get these messages when trying to startx:
6 >
7 > xfce4-session: GNOME compatibility is enabled and gnome-keyring-daemon is found on the system. Skipping gpg/ssh-agent startup.
8 > env: kdeinit4: No such file or directory
9 > env: qdbus: No such file or directory
10 >
11 > . Somehow, the remnants of a KDE program are hanging around somewhere.
12 > I've no idea what qdbus is, or where I've got it configured.
16 qdbus comes from qtdbus, it was pulled in by KDE way back when.
17
18 $ equery belongs /usr/bin/qdbus
19 * Searching for /usr/bin/qdbus ...
20 dev-qt/qtdbus-4.8.5 (/usr/bin/qdbus)
21
22 It's being launched because you have a KDE app somewhere in your startup
23 scripts (or possibly kdeinit4 itself)
24
25 How do you start X? A display manager or using startx?
26 What are the contents of the relevant files?
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com