From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [urgent] X11 fails after reboot (using a new X11)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:52:34
1 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch <at> igpm.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
4 > Thanks for all your help,
5 > I'm trying to find the source of the problem,
6
7 Depending on your video setup, you may need to recompile
8 the video driver (nvidia-drivers or ati-drivers). I'm not
9 sure what all change on your last update....
10
11 Also look at the X log files to see what's going on:
12
13 /var/log/Xorg.0.log
14
15 your xorg.conf file may have been altered?
16
17 I always save a spare copy, with an appended dated,
18 particulary if I read about something and noodle
19 with with xorg.conf.
22 just a few ideas,
25 James