From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [urgent] X11 fails after reboot (using a new X11)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:33:04
1 On 29 Jan, Justin wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick schrieb:
3 >> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:01:18 +0100, Justin wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Never test packages if it is urgent to recover a working state, ;)!
6 >>
7 >> Or, at the very least, use quickpkg on the working version first.
11 > Yeah , let's put our fingers together in his wounds!! :=)
14 Why is GenToo so good that it works MOST of the time?
15
16 The snag here is that the change became visible pnly after rebooting
17 or restarting X11, at least.
18 But there were some long running applications on this 8-core machine,
19 so I couldn't try.
20
21 Thanks for all your help,
22 I'm trying to find the source of the problem,
23
24 Helmut.
27 Helmut Jarausch
28