From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Power failure in the middle of emerge --emptytree world
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:49:57
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 7/24/06, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Hash: SHA1
5 >>
6 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
7 >> > What is my best course of action at this point? The machine booted
8 >> > fine so I could start over. I also saved an old email from Zac Medico
9 >> > that suggested a command
10 >> >
11 >> > FEATURES=keepwork emerge --resume
12 >> >
13 >> > Would this be a good thing to do?
14 >>
15 >> I wouldn't recommend the FEATURES=keepwork anymore because there's no
16 >> guarantee that the build will resume properly. It's safest to simply
17 >> use --resume as suggested by Dale.
18 >>
19 >> Zac
20 >
21 > Thanks you guys. I did the emerge --resume and things seem to have
22 > completed correctly.
23 >
24 > Now if I could just get the machine to work properly I'd be in heaven!
25 > ;-)
26 >
27 > Cheers all,
28 > Mark
29
30 Keep in mind that when it is compiling that it is done in a temporary
31 location. After the compile is done, then it copies it over. Now if it
32 dies while it was copying to it's place to actually run, usually /, then
33 there could be problems. Unless it was changed, compiling takes place
34 in /var/tmp/portage.
35
36 Someone correct me if I am wrong.
37