From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge hints needed
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:39:47
1 On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:33:17 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > Thanks, yes I am aware of the caveats - but they dont really apply when
4 > rescuing something as severely broken as this system was - I upgraded 3
5 > machines without a problem, and this one died on reboot - badly :(
6
7 Too badly to resync? That should fix the digests. The problem with digest
8 failures in this situation is that you don't know whether the digest is
9 wrong or one of the files corrupt.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Bury a lawyer 12 feet under, because deep down they're nice.