From: Yoav Luft <yoav.luft@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo for embedded-linux
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:08:28
1 I've recently grown interested in Linux for embedded devices, specifically,
2 ARM computers and ARM core DSP's. I am a Gentoo-linux user and an
3 electronics technician, and know nothing about programming operating
4 systems. Are there any relevant projects, specifically Gentoo flavored
5 once for embedded computing? I did come across commercial embedded oriented
6 distrobutions such as MonteVista Linux and such. I am a hobbyist, I can't
7 afford a hundreds of dollars development kits, and I would like to use tools
8 that I already somehow familiar with, such tools as Gentoo's. But are they?
9 can anyone point me to someone, somewhere, beneath web-sphere?