From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X hang / occasionally after using LVM
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:54:08
1 Am Mittwoch 28 September 2011, 09:25:56 schrieb J.Marcos Sitorus:
2 > Hi list,
3 > I have started using LVM about a week ago. I have created one volume group
4 > name and two logical volume.
5 > Both of the logical volume formatted with reiser4 file system, one volume as
6 > my backup home and the other volume used for VirtualBox.
7 > Since I use this setting, X ofter hang/crash. Sometime it happen when I use
8 > VirtualBox, the other time occur when I copy the files on the home folder to
9 > my backup home.
10 > Is this bug from LVM or only me suffer this?
11 > Attached is the /var/log/messages and emerge --info.
12
13 plain dmesg + xorg.0.log and maybe .xession-errors probably would have more
14 usefull.
15
16 I guess you updated your kernel/graphics drivers. You get a general protection
17 fault, and a null pointer deference and everytime virtualbox is there.
18
19 So - get back to your last working versions - oh and those lvm volumes are on
20 new disks? You did not knock the ram loose while putting them in?
23 #163933