From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] waiting for uevents...
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:31:39
1 100202 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > 100201 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >>> I had this on my stand-by machine & discovered it was waiting
5 >>> for a broken CD drive; when I unplugged the drive, all was well.
6 >> I had a drive that had not been used w no partitions or file system.
7 >> I booted the machine from a Gentoo LiveCD with no problem (weird),
8 >> made a partition and created a fs then rebooted and all worked.
9 >> Don't know why I was able to boot from a LiveCD in the first place;
10 >> maybe my kernel still need some fine tuning.
11 > You keep saying weird. It is not weird.
12 > What you describe is exactly the way it should work.
13
14 Without further explanation from you, I don't agree:
15 the machine shouldn't wait 5 min (mine) to decide the drive is broken
16 & there is a puzzle why the Gentoo CD wouldn't encounter the same delay.
17 Your explication wb of interest to us both (smile).
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca