From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] waiting for uevents...
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:46:21
1 On Tuesday 02 February 2010 16:23:46 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 > On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > > 100201 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
4 > >> Recently I bumped up the number of HDD on a relatively old system
5 >
6 > [snip]
7 >
8 > > I had this on my stand-by machine & discovered it was waiting
9 > > for a broken CD drive; when I unplugged the drive, all was well.
10 >
11 > I had a drive that had not been used yet and had no partitions or file
12 > system on it. I booted the machine from a gentoo LiveCD (with no
13 > problem; weird), made a partition and created a fs then rebooted and
14 > all worked. Don't know why I was able to boot from a LiveCD in the
15 > first place; maybe my kernel still need some fine tuning.
18 You keep saying weird. It is not weird.
19
20 What you describe is exactly the way it should work.
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com