From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Total system hangs, flightgear, nvidia drivers
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:38:35
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 12/9/05, fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >
4 >>Hell, I am running into some very irritating problems when trying to use
5 >>newer nvidia drivers.
6 >>
7 >>Instead of covering the whole story and info here, I have placed it into
8 >>this text file.
9 >>
10 >>I sure would appreciate some input!
13 > Well, I don't use the nvidia driver, so I'm certainly no expert here, but:
14 >
15 > (WW) NVIDIA(0): Not using mode "896x672" (height 1344 is larger than
16 > (WW) NVIDIA(0): EDID-specified maximum 1200)
17 >
18 > and:
19 >
20 > Section "Device"
21 > <snip>
22 > Option "UseEdidFreqs" "on"
23 > # Option "UseEdidFreqs" "off"
24 > # Option "IgnoreEDID" "1"
25 > # Option "UseEdidDpi" "DFP-0"
26 >
27 > What happens if you play with these EDID options? Particularly, the
28 > "UseEdidFreqs" looks like a likely candiate to be disabled.
29 >
30 > -Richard
34 I have messed with them (hence the comments), no change. Those EDID
35 maxes are surely bogus, I have run 2048x1536 (real, not virtual) on this
36 before no problems, within spec. Only with the newer driver does it
37 complain. Even if i tell it to ignore EDID.
38
39 Thank you for the reply :)
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list