From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Total system hangs, flightgear, nvidia drivers
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:09:10
1 On 12/9/05, fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hell, I am running into some very irritating problems when trying to use
3 > newer nvidia drivers.
4 >
5 > Instead of covering the whole story and info here, I have placed it into
6 > this text file.
7 >
8 > I sure would appreciate some input!
9
10 Well, I don't use the nvidia driver, so I'm certainly no expert here, but:
11
12 (WW) NVIDIA(0): Not using mode "896x672" (height 1344 is larger than
13 (WW) NVIDIA(0): EDID-specified maximum 1200)
14
15 and:
16
17 Section "Device"
18 <snip>
19 Option "UseEdidFreqs" "on"
20 # Option "UseEdidFreqs" "off"
21 # Option "IgnoreEDID" "1"
22 # Option "UseEdidDpi" "DFP-0"
23
24 What happens if you play with these EDID options? Particularly, the
25 "UseEdidFreqs" looks like a likely candiate to be disabled.
26
27 -Richard
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list