From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Making a new frame-buffer console font
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 00:32:08
1 Am Sonntag, 08.02.2015 um 01:16
2 schrieb <wabenbau@×××××.com>:
3
4 > Am Samstag, 07.02.2015 um 09:59
5 > schrieb Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>:
6 >
7 > > On Wednesday 04 February 2015 20:00:32 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
8 > >
9 > > > I also use terminus-font as console font and even as X11 desktop
10 > > > font since many years. It's readability is very good.
11 > >
12 > > I hadn't thought of it for Konsole, but now I have and I like it.
13 > > But something's odd here: I've chosen the 17pt size, and I wanted to
14 > > delete the oblique stroke from it, but as far as I can see there
15 > > isn't a 17pt font anywhere on the system! Unless it's hidden in a
16 > > file with no 17 in its name, or Konsole is scaling the font itself.
17 > >
18 > > Any ideas, anyone?
21 > Not all sizes are available, that's true. It is a little bit as a
22 > fixed font. :-)
23 >
24 > I don't know what you mean with oblique stroke. Do you mean the
25 > slash through the letter zero? Anyway, I don't know how to remove it.
26
27 Sorry, I meant bitmap font and not fixed font. And I'm not sure, but I
28 think it is indeed a bitmap font.
29
30 Regards
31 wabe