From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:41:29
1 On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:24:01 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:43:36 -0700, Keith Dart wrote:
5 >
6 > > I just got around to upgrading to it. When I did my /etc/conf.d/net
7 > > file disappeared, and my network interface would not come up. There
8 > > is not even a sample net file any more. I had to manually add it
9 > > back, using a syntax I found on the wiki site.
10 >
11 > I lost conf.d/net too, but there is still a sample file, but it is
12 > owned by netifrc, which is now a dependency of openrc.
13 >
14 > Note to those using USE="-* I_WANT_TO_BREAK_MY_SYSTEM", you will
15 > break it when installing the new openrc because you won't get this
16 > package.
17
18 Thanks for the heads-up. USE="netifrc". Is this the thing they were
19 calling oldnet for a while?