From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:24:18
1 On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:43:36 -0700, Keith Dart wrote:
2
3 > I just got around to upgrading to it. When I did my /etc/conf.d/net
4 > file disappeared, and my network interface would not come up. There is
5 > not even a sample net file any more. I had to manually add it back,
6 > using a syntax I found on the wiki site.
7
8 I lost conf.d/net too, but there is still a sample file, but it is owned
9 by netifrc, which is now a dependency of openrc.
10
11 Note to those using USE="-* I_WANT_TO_BREAK_MY_SYSTEM", you will break it
12 when installing the new openrc because you won't get this package.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Q: What's the proper plural of a 'Net-connected Windows machine?
19 A: A Botnet