From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mail client for mbox format sought
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 09:07:05
1 Hi,
2
3 my setup here is a running Postix MTA which stores all incoming mail
4 into a single file (per user) in mbox format (/var/spool/mail/$USER)
5
6 I'm desparately looking for a mail client with a GUI which can handle
7 that.
8 I didn't manage to configure Thunderbird(-3.0.1) (it always tries to set
9 up an IMAP or POP3 account) and importing mails from the mbox file again
10 and again isn't a solution.
11
12 I've tried Evolution, setting "Receiving Email' to 'Standard Unix mbox
13 spool file'.
14 This shows my email headers but when I click on one of these I always
15 get
16 'Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync'
17
18 I've been googling around but any suggestions to remove some index files
19 didn't help either.
20
21 So, does anybody know a solution?
22