From: Zeerak Mustafa Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mail client for mbox format sought
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 09:10:06
1 On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 10:06:49AM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > my setup here is a running Postix MTA which stores all incoming mail
5 > into a single file (per user) in mbox format (/var/spool/mail/$USER)
6 >
7 > I'm desparately looking for a mail client with a GUI which can handle
8 > that.
9 > I didn't manage to configure Thunderbird(-3.0.1) (it always tries to set
10 > up an IMAP or POP3 account) and importing mails from the mbox file again
11 > and again isn't a solution.
12 >
13 > I've tried Evolution, setting "Receiving Email' to 'Standard Unix mbox
14 > spool file'.
15 > This shows my email headers but when I click on one of these I always
16 > get
17 > 'Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync'
18 >
19 > I've been googling around but any suggestions to remove some index files
20 > didn't help either.
21 >
22 > So, does anybody know a solution?
23 >
24 > Many thanks,
25 > Helmut.
26 >
27 > --
28 > Helmut Jarausch
29 >
30 > Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
31 > RWTH - Aachen University
32 > D 52056 Aachen, Germany
35 How about claws? As far as I remember it supports mbox format :-)
38 Zeerak Waseem