From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:23:08
1 On Wed, 20 May 2015 06:19:52 -0400, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2
3 > I do not find grub2 complicated, although I've never had a setup with
4 > LVM or RAID. It's always just been:
5
6 It's not more complicated, just different.
7
8 > grub-install --recheck /dev/sda
9 > # cosmetic changes to /etc/default/grub like changing the boot delay
10 > grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
11 >
12 > I was raised on grub2, so I guess that probably makes a difference;
13 > maybe it was difficult when I first started, but I can't remember.
14
15 It was, so was grub-legacy. The thing is people using that have been doing
16 so for so long they have forgotten about that particular learning curve.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 One difference between a man and a machine is that a machine is quiet
23 when well oiled.