From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] snapper (btrfs)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 20:40:16
1 On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:22:15 +0300, Thanasis wrote:
2
3 > > I use a home-brewed script to make time based snapshots, called from
4 > > cron - a little like zfs-auto-snapshot. I set a limit on the number of
5 > > each type of snapshot so the script generally creates one snapshot and
6 > > deletes one snapshot for each subvolume whenever it is called,
7 > > avoiding the need to ever have a gazillion snapshots to delete.
8
9 > Do you mind sharing the script please?
10
11 Attached. There are two things about it that I can state with certainty.
12
13 1) It works for me.
14
15 2) It may or may not work for you.
16
17 You need to set the location of your snapshots at the top of the script.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

buttersnap application/octet-stream
signature.asc application/pgp-signature