From: David Grant <davidgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] glibc completed screwed my system
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:53:04
1 Here's what I did:
2
3 I have sticking with gcc-3.x for now... I wanted to upgraded glibc to
4 2.4. I upgraded it and at the end of the emerge I got this error
5 similar to this one, mine involved libresolv:
6
7 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-443051-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-libresolv+glibc-start-0.html
8
9 I then did emerge -C =glibc-2.4-r4 to remove glibc-2.4 completely and
10 leave 2.3. Now my whole system is b0rked. I can't even chroot in
11 because it can't run /bin/sh or /bin/bash on the new system. Basically
12 all binaries are screwed on the new system.
13
14 I do have a quickpkg of glibc2.3 but I'm not sure what good that will do.
15
16 If anyone can help me I'm desperate to save this system and not have
17 to reinstall.
20 David Grant
21 http://www.davidgrant.ca
22 --