From: David Grant <davidgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: glibc completed screwed my system
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:06:18
1 A very small step in the right direction...I unzipped the quickpkg I
2 made into the /mnt/gentoo and now I am able to chroot in there. If I
3 try to re-emerge glibc-2.3.6 though it complains that "downgrading" is
4 a sure way to destruction. I'm pretty sure it would be safe for me to
5 downgrade because I didn't really do much of anything after installing
6 2.4 so I'm not sure what the problem would be. The problem is that it
7 still think 2.4 is installed.
8
9 Ah, here we go. emerge -C =glibc-2.4* worked fully this time (it
10 didn't work fully before, which I forgot to mention). Now it will let
11 me re-emerge =glibc-2.3* overtop of the quickpkg that I unpacked. I am
12 also not compiling with nptlonly (which came in to my profile through
13 2006.1), so it is now emerging with the exact same use flags that it
14 was before (and the same as what the quickpkg is made from). So
15 hopefully everything will be cool and I will be able to reboot into
16 this machine (I couldn't even boot into it after this b0rking
17 happend).
18
19 Dave
20