From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: glibc completed screwed my system
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 19:40:56
1 David Grant <davidgrant <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > If anyone can help me I'm desperate to save this system and not have
5 > > to reinstall.
8 Well, I have lost xwindows/kde on (2) systems because of an upgrade of
9 make.profile to point to 2006.1. I'm sure glibc was part of the problem.
10
11 A third syxtem, an amd64, sits just slobering and drooling about;
12 it will not even allow ls or cat to run.....
13 so I'm not so sure this one can be saved without a re-installation.
14
15 It'd sure been nice if there was a little bit more detail on this,
16 problem and recovery options. I've googled for links that help, but found
17 nothing.
18
19 So how is the new 2006.1 liveCD working these days? I'm soon to find
20 out, on at least one system, maybe (3),
21
22 Any ideas on recovery mechanisms, for this make.profile/glibc
23 problem are most welcome......
24
25 I think I'll just drink (quite a lot) and read this list to see how
26 the smarter half of this list dance around these pending upgrades.
27 I'm quite sure it's my fault, I just do not have the fortitude
28 to fight through another twisted hack-fest of a weekend.
29
30 Besides it's labor_day weekend and this is one wage-slave
31 that is feeling throughly defeated..... My solution is to drink
32 enough that my singing actually starts to sound acceptable....
33
34 ymmv: (Tequila!)
35 cheers!
36