From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: MBR partition
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 14:22:51
1 On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 06/09/2014 15:13, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> ZFS is the most resilient filesystem I've ever used, you can through the
6 >>> bucket and kitchen sink at it and it really doesn't give a shit (it just
7 >>> deals with it :-) )
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> Nothing wrong with ZFS itself, but keep in mind that ZFS on linux is
11 >> not the same as ZFS on Solaris as far as maturity goes. I'll admit
12 >> that I'm a btrfs fan for a couple of reasons, but when it comes to
13 >> stability on linux I wouldn't put either in the same class as ext3, or
14 >> even ext4 (which is pretty mature now).
17 > I neglected to mention - I use ZFS on FreeBSD, haven't used ZFS on linux
18 > enought o comment on that
21 I'm not an expert on ZFS, but I believe that it is considered more
22 stable on FreeBSD, since I believe they used the original CDDL sources
23 there. It still hasn't been around for as long as it has been on
24 Solaris of course, but it is a bit more mainstream on BSD.
27 Rich