From: leszek <leszek@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modular X and xscreensaver
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:39:06
1 Le mardi 06 juin 2006 à 12:49 +0800, W.Kenworthy a écrit :
2 > I have just brought my X up to date (modular Xorg 7.1) and am finding
3 > that xscreensaver is crashing the xserver. Of course there is nothing
4 > in the logs, or onscreen as X either stops or reboots. Eventually it
5 > takes out the OS and a system reboot is required.
6 >
7 > Is anyone else seeing this (in which case I'll bugzilla it, though I
8 > have no info on whats happening) or is it just me?
9 >
10 > This also has brought up a *BIG* disadvantage of modularising something
11 > like xorg - when things go wrong, how can you wind it back to a previous
12 > version - impossible?
13 >
14 > BillK
17 do you have a nvidia card and a nvidia driver that you compiled
18 yourself ?
19
20 because i heard 7.1 introduced a ABI change so the drivers aren't
21 compatible now.
22
23 with portage nvidia-kernel block xorg 7.1
24
25 i have this in my package.mask:
26
27 # nvidia incompatibility
28 >=x11-base/xorg-x11-7.1
29 >=x11-base/xorg-server-1.1.0
30 >=x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa-1.2.1
31 >=x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa-1.2.0
32 >=x11-drivers/xf86-video-vga-4.1.0
33 >=x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard-1.1.0
34 >=x11-drivers/xf86-input-joystick-1.1.0
35 >=x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse-1.1.1
36 >=x11-drivers/xf86-video-nv-1.1.2µµ
39 -Leszek
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list