From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Modular X and xscreensaver
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 04:57:46
1 I have just brought my X up to date (modular Xorg 7.1) and am finding
2 that xscreensaver is crashing the xserver. Of course there is nothing
3 in the logs, or onscreen as X either stops or reboots. Eventually it
4 takes out the OS and a system reboot is required.
5
6 Is anyone else seeing this (in which case I'll bugzilla it, though I
7 have no info on whats happening) or is it just me?
8
9 This also has brought up a *BIG* disadvantage of modularising something
10 like xorg - when things go wrong, how can you wind it back to a previous
11 version - impossible?
12
13 BillK
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list