From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modular X and xscreensaver
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:12:59
1 W.Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I have just brought my X up to date (modular Xorg 7.1) and am finding
3 > that xscreensaver is crashing the xserver. Of course there is nothing
4 > in the logs, or onscreen as X either stops or reboots. Eventually it
5 > takes out the OS and a system reboot is required.
6 >
7 > Is anyone else seeing this (in which case I'll bugzilla it, though I
8 > have no info on whats happening) or is it just me?
9 >
10 > This also has brought up a *BIG* disadvantage of modularising something
11 > like xorg - when things go wrong, how can you wind it back to a previous
12 > version - impossible?
13 >
14 > BillK
15