From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 03:27:13
1 On Wednesday 08 June 2011 13:59:36 Dale wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 07 June 2011 20:27:45 Dale wrote:
6 > > 1&1:
7 > >
8 > > Test mit IPv4 DNS Eintrag
9 > > ok (0.712s) verwende ipv4
10 > > Test mit IPv6 DNS Eintrag
11 > > ok (0.712s) verwende ipv6 6to4
12 > > Test mit Dual Stack DNS Eintrag
13 > > ok (0.726s) verwende ipv4
14 > > Test mit Dual Stack und grosse Pakete
15 > > ok (0.665s) verwende ipv4
16 > > Test IPv4 ohne DNS
17 > > ok (0.417s) verwende ipv4
18 > > Test IPv6 ohne DNS
19 > > ok (0.440s) verwende ipv6 6to4
20 > > Test grosse IPv6 Pakete
21 > > ok (0.734s) verwende ipv6 6to4
22 > > Test ob der DNS server des ISP IPv6 unterstützt
23 > > bad (1.401s)
24 > >
25 > > as the site explains the dns test is a goodie and failing it is not a
26 > > big
27 > > deal.
28 >
29 > Well, I have to ask this. If the DNS fails, how will my browser know
30 > where to go? From my understanding, when I type in abc.com and hit
31 > enter or go, the first thing it does is go to a DNS server to see what
32 > the actual number is.
33
34 Read the FAQ and Info posted.
35 From the website:
36
37 If this test fails: it means that the DNS resolver you are using, requires
38 IPv4 to reach the DNS authoritative servers of your favoriate web sites. In
39 the near future, every web site of consequence will remain accessible in this
40 form, so there is no immediate danger.