From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best website backup practice
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:55:38
1 This is a great method that I utilize:
2
3 http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/
4
5 On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Momesso Andrea <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>wrote:
6
7 > I run on an old laptop a website (Joomla + MediaWiki + Moodle + a couple
8 > of other things).
9 >
10 > The site now is offline and I'm ok with my automated backups of all the
11 > hard drive, but it's going to go online in a few weeks and I'd like to add
12 > some more security.
13 >
14 > What I'd like to have is periodic snapshots of the site, so when the
15 > hardware will fail (I'm pretty sure it will, just a matter of time) I
16 > can easily transfer the latest snapshot on another machine running a web
17 > server and a databse.
18 >
19 > My idea is to cp (or rsync) the /var/www/host/ directory and, at the
20 > same time to mysqldump the related databases. Then I'd create an archive
21 > with this data together and transfer it via nfs on another disk.
22 > Cron will do it every twelve hours.
23 >
24 > Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.
25 >
27 > http://topperh.blogspot.com
34 kyle.bader@×××××.com