From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE4.6 with two monitors does not respect boundaries/edges between them
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 20:26:02
1 It seems that some setting changed from the 4.5 to 4.6 because now the
2 boundaries between the two monitors are no longer respected. Let me try to
3 explain:
4
5 In KDE4.5 if I were to maximise a window of an application while it was
6 positioned say in the left monitor, it would maximise to occupy all of the
7 real estate in the left monitor only. If the application was in the right
8 monitor, it would maximise to occupy only the right monitor.
9
10 Also in KDE4.5 moving an application window near the ends of a monitor would
11 snap to the edge even if this was the vertical edge between the two monitors.
12
13 In KDE4.6 application windows maximise across both screens and there's no
14 snapping into the edge at the middle.
15
16 Finally, I can no longer set different wallpapers for the two monitors.
17
18 Is there some setting I could use to fix this?
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick