From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.6 with two monitors does not respect boundaries/edges between them
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 22:37:06
1 Am 17.05.2011 22:22, schrieb Mick:
2 > It seems that some setting changed from the 4.5 to 4.6 because now the
3 > boundaries between the two monitors are no longer respected. Let me try to
4 > explain:
5 >
6 > In KDE4.5 if I were to maximise a window of an application while it was
7 > positioned say in the left monitor, it would maximise to occupy all of the
8 > real estate in the left monitor only. If the application was in the right
9 > monitor, it would maximise to occupy only the right monitor.
10 >
11 > Also in KDE4.5 moving an application window near the ends of a monitor would
12 > snap to the edge even if this was the vertical edge between the two monitors.
13 >
14 > In KDE4.6 application windows maximise across both screens and there's no
15 > snapping into the edge at the middle.
16 >
17 > Finally, I can no longer set different wallpapers for the two monitors.
18 >
19 > Is there some setting I could use to fix this?
20
21 I had the same problem. You have to enable the xinerama use flag, even
22 if you do not intend to configure xinerama.
23
24 euse -E xinerama && emerge -av --reinstall changed-use world
25
26 will do the job.
27
28 Hope this helps,