From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.6 with two monitors does not respect boundaries/edges between them
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 22:52:50
1 On Tuesday 17 May 2011 23:35:30 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Am 17.05.2011 22:22, schrieb Mick:
3 > > It seems that some setting changed from the 4.5 to 4.6 because now the
4 > > boundaries between the two monitors are no longer respected. Let me try
5 > > to explain:
6 > >
7 > > In KDE4.5 if I were to maximise a window of an application while it was
8 > > positioned say in the left monitor, it would maximise to occupy all of
9 > > the real estate in the left monitor only. If the application was in the
10 > > right monitor, it would maximise to occupy only the right monitor.
11 > >
12 > > Also in KDE4.5 moving an application window near the ends of a monitor
13 > > would snap to the edge even if this was the vertical edge between the
14 > > two monitors.
15 > >
16 > > In KDE4.6 application windows maximise across both screens and there's no
17 > > snapping into the edge at the middle.
18 > >
19 > > Finally, I can no longer set different wallpapers for the two monitors.
20 > >
21 > > Is there some setting I could use to fix this?
22 >
23 > I had the same problem. You have to enable the xinerama use flag, even
24 > if you do not intend to configure xinerama.
25 >
26 > euse -E xinerama && emerge -av --reinstall changed-use world
27 >
28 > will do the job.
29
30 Have they changed the use of this flag in KDE4.6? I don't having it set
31 before ...
32
33 Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it out tomorrow, because it's getting late
34 now.
37 Regards,
38 Mick