From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] moving mountpoint to folder
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:24:58
1 On Wednesday 14 December 2005 09:33, michael higgins wrote:
2 > So, my question is, does anyone know what will happen if I try to umount
3 > -l, remove the /usr/lib mountpoint, and rename /usr/lib2 to /usr/lib? It
4 > would seem that there'd be no problem as long as I don't need to log into a
5 > new shell? Going the other way wasn't a problem, as I just renamed the old
6 > folder and mounted the partition on a new one.
7 >
8 > Any suggestions appreciated.
9
10 If you are willing to take the system down for a few minutes, try booting with
11 a copy of knopix or your gentoo livecd, and doing your filesystem mods that
12 way. Then you can be more comfortable with the sanity of your os. after all
13 there is so much important stuff in there.
14
15 Or maybee drop to single user mode, that may work.
16 --
17 Your responsibility as a parent is not as great as you might imagine. You
18 need not supply the world with the next conqueror of disease or major motion
19 picture star. If your child simply grows up to be someone who does not use
20 the word "collectible" as a noun, you can consider yourself an unqualified
21 success.
22 -- Fran Lebowitz, "Social Studies"
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list