From: michael higgins <linux@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] moving mountpoint to folder
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:42:50
1 Hello, all.
2
3 Some time ago, I moved my /usr/lib folder to a separate partition to net some space on /. Now, I want to fix my partitions on that second drive, so I've moved all the linux folders to / again. (The /usr/lib files are in a folder called /usr/lib2 for now.)
4
5 The problem I've come across this time is that so many things are using files in /usr/lib, I can't unmount it. Stopping all services leaves me with my login being the only thing still hanging the umount.
6
7 So, my question is, does anyone know what will happen if I try to umount -l, remove the /usr/lib mountpoint, and rename /usr/lib2 to /usr/lib? It would seem that there'd be no problem as long as I don't need to log into a new shell? Going the other way wasn't a problem, as I just renamed the old folder and mounted the partition on a new one.
8
9 Any suggestions appreciated.
14 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
15 michael_higgins[at]evolone[dot]org