From: Michael Kjorling <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] moving mountpoint to folder
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:40:46
1 On 2005-12-13 12:33 -0800, linux@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > So, my question is, does anyone know what will happen if I try to
3 > umount -l, remove the /usr/lib mountpoint, and rename /usr/lib2 to
4 > /usr/lib? It would seem that there'd be no problem as long as I
5 > don't need to log into a new shell? Going the other way wasn't a
6 > problem, as I just renamed the old folder and mounted the partition
7 > on a new one.
8
9 If it was me, I'd probably simply reboot from a live CD (the Gentoo
10 installation CD comes to mind), make the changes that cannot be done
11 while the system is running normally, and reboot.
14 Michael Kjörling, michael@××××××××.com - http://michael.kjorling.com/
15 * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *
16 * ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *