From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] moving mountpoint to folder
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:02:40
1 On 12/13/05, michael higgins <linux@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello, all.
3 > So, my question is, does anyone know what will happen if I try to umount -l, remove the /usr/lib mountpoint, and rename /usr/lib2 to /usr/lib? It would seem that there'd be no problem as long as I don't need to log into a new shell? Going the other way wasn't a problem, as I just renamed the old folder and mounted the partition on a new one.
4
5 That should work, I think. If nothing else, you should be able to
6 boot with init=/bin/bash to get a really basic environment with
7 nothing mounted or running.
8
9 -Richard
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list