From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using sys-devel/gcc-4.4.1
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 06:11:05
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Donnerstag 01 Oktober 2009, Dale wrote:
5 >> Thanks. What exactly is gcc-porting? I did a quick search and found a
6 >> page on freshmeat but it seemed to be related to MS-DOS or something.
7 >>
8 >> Dale
9 >>
10 >> :-) :-)
14 > gcc-porting overlay, install via layman. It had some ebuild/package versions
15 > that were patched to compile with gcc4.4. AFAIK it is not needed anymore.
20 I saw something about overlay somewhere while I was looking for info. I
21 don't do the overlay thing. Just a plain old tree for me. Glad to know
22 it is not needed now. Whew!
23
24 Thanks for the info tho.
25