From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: Update of mozilla products (firefox, thunderbird, seamonkey) gone "bad"...
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:08:23
1 pk writes:
2
3 > Ok, thanks for the feedback. I've been waiting for the open source
4 > drivers to mature so that I can rely on them for my needs (incl.
5 > gaming). Perhaps it's time to check them out... But, again, since I've
6 > been running the ati-drivers-10.6 for a couple of weeks without
7 > problems (that includes previous versions of firefox, thunderbird and
8 > seamonkey) and I upgraded thunderbird, firefox and seamonkey at the
9 > same time leads me to think that something's changed within these apps
10 > (and I only have this problem in those three apps)...
11
12 Good luck. I have tried the radeon driver from time to time, but never had
13 any real success with it. Well, it is working now on one machine, but I
14 need TV-Out, and I have temporarily given up on finding out what's wrong
15 there, and stick to old kernel, old X and old ati-drivers that still
16 support this old card.
17 On my main computer, radeon drivers get better and better. That is, X now
18 starts, it even does 3D acceleration now, but it crashes when I move the
19 mouse pointer onto the KDE4 panel.
20
21 Wonko